Ducky 500 Rules & Regulations
- A maximum of 6,500 Ducky 500 tickets will be sold. Ticket purchasers must 19 years of age or more and be in BC to purchase. If a winning ticket bears a minor’s name the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
- Ducks will released on the Puntledge River at approximately 1:00 pm, on July 1, 2016. The finish line is directly upstream from the 5th Street Bridge, beside Lewis Park. Average time from start to the finish line is 15-30 minutes.
- All ducks shall remain the property of the Comox Rotary Club.
- Once the ducks are released, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted. Comox Valley Ground Search and Rescue will be following the ducks down the river and will free and collect stuck ducks.
- Each duck will be numbered and labeled corresponding to the number on each Ducky 500 ticket. The people’s names that appear on the ticket stubs that correspond to the ducks in order of finishing will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes and winners will be posted at the event, as well as on this website, or can be obtained by contacting the Comox Rotary Club, Box 1252, Comox BC. V9M 7Z8, or by email to the Ducky 500 Chairperson, Charlene Davis: [email protected]
- Comox Rotary Club reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value. Some prizes have a cash equivalent option, but only if indicated.
- Ducky 500 tickets may be purchased online between May 2nd and May 30th, from any Comox Rotarian, or at participating business as listed. (see Sales Locations shown on this website).
- Members of the Organizing committee, including anyone responsible for the organization and management of the race, are not permitted to purchase tickets.
- Winning Ducks will be selected by the Race Marshall under the supervision of the Ducky 500 chairperson.
- By purchasing a ticket, purchasers release the Comox Rotary Club and its officers, directors and staff, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
- By entering, winners consent the publication and use of their name, address and likeness for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation. No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfers or exchange of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes. Organizers reserve the right to substitute if advertised prizes become unavailable.
- This event is subject to BC Lottery Corporation Rules, Gaming License # 83079
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of Ducky 500 tickets sold. A maximum of 6,500 ducks will be launched. Unsold tickets numbers will not be released. In the event of unforseen circumstances the Comox Rotary Club reserves the right to select the winning ducks by random draw in accordance with BC Lottery regulations. Organizers reserve the right to cancel the Duck race or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, for any reason.
- All decisions of the organizing committee and Race Marshall are final and binding on all matters relating to the Ducky 500 Race and awarding of prizes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and to release the Comox Rotary Club and the organizing committee, its agents and respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any all liability, loss or damage arising out of their participation in the Ducky 500 Race or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
Know your limit, play within it.19+ to play!
Problem Gambling Help Line 1-888-795-6111